Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Martinez returns to Fenway Park as a Tiger last night

By Anthony Caruso III

Victor Martinez has returned to Fenway Park.

The former Boston Red Sox catcher and first baseman returned as a member of the Detroit Tigers. Martinez was a member of the Red Sox for a year and a half after being traded by the Cleveland Indians to the Red Sox in 2009.

After the 2010 World Series, Martinez decided to sign with the Detroit Tigers. He signed a four year, $50 million contract with the Tigers.

Martinez saw some of his former teammates in a Spring Training game, but it was not the same as last night.

"You know what? To be honest with you, I don't think I did anything bad, anything wrong when my time was up there," said Martinez. "I'm just hoping that the fans know that it's part of baseball. You work all your life, you work so hard, and now you need to take care of your family, too. I'm just hoping they understand that. But we'll see what happens.

"Either way, nothing against them. There's no hard feelings against anybody. I have nothing but great things to say about the organization, the city, the fans. It was one of my great experiences in my big league career."

No comments:

Post a Comment